HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. We collect personal data about you through the process of applying to join our friends
scheme. We collect the minimum needed to be able to administer the scheme.
WHAT WE USE IT FOR
2. Names are used to communicate who has paid, create databases of members.
3. Contact information is used to communicate with you the benefits of the scheme, invite
renewals and resole queries about your data.
4. The postal address is required by HMRC if we are permitted by you to make a gift aid
5. This information is shared with those officers and volunteers involved with administration
of the scheme
6. It is stored on Kingsclere Village Club's Google drive but only accessible to those involved
in the administration of the scheme.
7. When we communicate with you by email we use Gmail servers. Your email address and
the contents of that mail will be run through and stored on those servers. Additionally they
may be stored temporarily in an address book and in the folders within a desktop email
client of members of our administration team. The computers used are all password
8. Google's services are part of the US 'Privacy Shield' see
9. US companies that sign up to this Privacy Shield are subject to an EU Commission
adequacy decision, meaning that their data protection systems are approved by the EU
10. We use Mail Chimp mass mailing software to send out emails to friends, This means you
can opt out at any time, and cannot be re-subscribed by accident. Information about the
data Mail Chimp collects and how they use it can be found here
11. Mail Chimp is based in the US band is signed up to the US Privacy Shield and subject to
an EU Commission adequacy decision, meaning that their data protection systems are
approved by the EU https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
12. Your contact details will only be added to our more general mailing list with additional
express permission from you.
13. Data relating to class booking forms part of our financial records which must be stored
for 6 years. Emails in the mass mailing software will be kept until a person opts out. That
opted out email address will remain in the system indefinitely so no further
advertising/information sharing emails can be sent to that address.
14. Our Data Controller and Data Protection Officer is our Chairman. We are registered on
the Data Protection Register, number ZA239059. Contact via 35 George Street, Kingsclere
RG20 5NH or firstname.lastname@example.org
15. You are entitled to ask our Data Controller for access to, rectification or erasure of
personal data, restrictions of processing your data; to object to processing as well as the
right to require us to supply you the data we hold in a format that can be used by another
organisation; to opt out of our mass mailing without affecting the legality of the emails we
had sent prior to that; and a right to complain to a regulatory authority.
16. In the UK the regulatory authority is the Information Commissioner's Office. Their
helpline is 0303 123 1113